Sharing all of my working secrets and composing an entirely new tune right in front of your eyes.
1. Introduction 0:00
2. The idea and dogma 1:30
3. Limitations help creativity 3:03
4. Composing the backing track on iPad / Korg Gadget 3:52
5. Recording on tape and creating song structure on fly 12:53
6. Guitar signal flow for recording 16:31
7. Recording the lead guitar 19:37
8. Recording the 2nd guitar track 38:47
9. Transfer the tracks to Cubase. Mix and edits 53:30
10. Final words: remember 1:07:04
11. Pipe Flow: final mix 1:08:27
Night Overdrive is now available from iTunes, Spotify, Amazon …
Extended 52 minutes version of the album (wav and mp3) 15 tunes + 4 exclusive bonus tracks from Sellfy: https://sellfy.com/p/fDDQ/
I started working with a special music making dogma this summer which lead me to release the “Night Overdrive” album. I made the album basically with just my iPad, Guitar (+pedalboard+amp) and a 4-track cassette recorder. Used an actual computer only during the mix. In this video you will see me showing the whole process of a single tune. It might get boring or it might be interesting but if you’re into making music, especially with guitar being your main instrument, I’m sure there’s some valuable information in this video.
Hope you get something good out of this video!
Videos related to the new album:
Smash Hits 7
I Respect this Moment
Darwin and Water
Full album preview:
#mrfastfinger #mikatyyskä #mikatyyska